Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lightning McQueen and Doc Hudson


In the wonderful movie "Cars" the struggle between youngsters and the older generation is highlighted in the relationship between the young and brash Lightning McQueen and the bit grumpy but wise Doc Hudson. If you haven't seen this movie, do yourself a favor and get it!

I am fostering a 10 1/2 year old boy, Garth, who was recently returned because his family was working long long hours. It is so funny to see the characters play out in my backyard.....

We have young Canoe starring as Lightning, and Garth as the older and wiser racer, Doc Hudson. Canoe is very self assured and sassy....Garth is older, but has a commendable race record under his belt, as well. I can see Canoe giving him a hard time, and Garth rolling his eyes.

I have wanted to adopt a senior lately, but a female, as Canoe gets along better with girls. Although Garth is a boy and perhaps not the best fit for my pack, he confirms that Seniors are absolutely wonderful dogs, and managing both of their jockeying for position is making me a better pack leader. With all the marking going on outside...there have been no accidents inside! Ka-chow!

4 comments:

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

I loved "Cars!" I don't know how you're handling all the critters in your life, being a mom and wife, school ....... Geesh, I haven't even learned to be a pack leader yet!!! My dogs have learned all the little schmoozes. Shadow is TOTALLY dominant!
Love you!

Addie said...

Here comes another confession (gosh, I'm just full of them these days!)...I haven't seen Cars yet. Taking a stand against cultural illiteracy, I'm adding it to my Netflix tonight.

I'd love to see Garth roll his eyes, too...you know how I love a 'tude!

Addie

Zan said...

I haven't seen cars yet either, but I do know that seniors are the best!

Heather said...

i would love to have a senior too. i think another girl would be the best fit for our lives as well. garth is a looker. i mean how can you not just sing country songs to him all the time!