Friday, September 5, 2008

A NEW CAREER????


Well, I have applied and have been accepted into Chattahoochee Tech's Surgical Technologist Program. I am really excited! My husband is asking "why?", since my gig has always been communication, video production, script writing....Perhaps it is another sign of an impending mid life crisis! LOL. But really, I have ALWAYS been keenly interested in the medical field. I am one of those people who has no problem sitting down with a roaster chicken while watching the Discovery Health Channel.

This semester I will be taking Human Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology. I am eager to get back in the classroom and flex the grey matter. If nothing else, it feels good to not only "talk" about something, but to actually DO something to achieve it. This may not be all I imagine it to be, but that's ok...it feels good to take action!!!! Woo-hoo!

7 comments:

Patti said...

That is wonderful news - congratulations! Keep us posted on how it is going for you. You definitely will NOW have your hands full!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Lots of luck to you. Have fun!

Jen

Anonymous said...

I understand why. I'm very proud of you, dear woman. I know of someone who's smiling. I feel it in my heart. God bless you and Godspeed.

(When all's done, please fix my whatchamaycallit on my thingamajig.)

Love, Paramedic Godmotha

KF-in-Georgia said...

Best of luck...and have fun!

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

Welcome to the world of medicine! Congratulations and enjoy.

Addie said...

That's fantastic, Maria! I agree with Patti, you'll have to keep us posted on how it's going.

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I am really proud of you! Maybe I can scrape off the rust and have you refresh my memory.
Love you, Elaine