Thursday, January 1, 2009

ROAD TRIP!!!!

What a greyt way to start the new year! The fam and I are getting ready to head to Birmingham to meet June's sister, SP's Hot Chick. She is still racing at Grade A, and is housed at the Clear the Way kennel.

I called the racetrack and spoke to the director of racing who put me in contact with her trainer. So, today at 2:30 PM, we will be meeting "CoCo", her kennel name. Definitely easier to say than "Hot Chick"!

All of Canoe's siblings did not make it...so I guess that's why I'm excited about finding a sibling nearby. I hope that I can make a difference in her life when her feet get slower and she's no longer making the big bucks.

Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Hope you had a great time! We need details, and pictures!!

Zan said...

I want to hear all about your trip. We definatly want to see pictures!

You've make me start looking around for Nick's litter mates. Looks like two were adopted out in NY, but the rest have sort of dropped out of site. I'm thinking that's not a good sign :(.

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

I hope the family has a wonderful trip! Your love of the greys is such a beautiful extention of the love you have given life. It's been a happy journey to share in your life, Maria!

Addie said...

I hope you'll still be going to the kennel on the 17th! I've never been and I'm so excited to go.