Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cheap Thrills

I love a cheap thrill, yes, it's true. But they're hard to come by....some are just cheap without the thrill. So recently, after skulking around, I saw that this lip balm has just made it to the US. Apparently, women stocked up on this stuff overseas. It is called Labello, or somethin' like that. Big time raves. So the marketing campaign worked and I found some at Walgreens.

I think the hunt is half the fun...I got the last one, which made it even better....but, hmmmm....after product testing, I'm not so sure what the big deal is. Yes, it's nice....but not ga-ga rush to the Walgreens. I'm a Blistex girl, blue tube...and will remain one. The Nivea is made in Germany...so that did have some label snob appeal...all of this back and forth for under $3.00.

Don't worry....school starts on Monday for me and on Tuesday for the kids....hopefully I'll have some better fodder once the routine gets back to normal. Do you have a cheap thrill?

3 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Dr. Pepper. I'm a total junkie. I don't carry cash because of the fear I will stop to buy another. I can't stop myself and without cash I try to figure out everyday how I will score one..... don't worry I haven't resorted to shoplifting :-). I guess this is more of an addiction than a cheap thrill... at least its cheap, but it does have too many calories.

Happy New Year!

Jen

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

Haha! Since I don't drive, a cheap thrill for me is passing the end of my driveway!! Getting somewhere is mind boggling!!!!

Another thrill for me is the bathroom soap in a bottle that foams and doesn't smell like bubblegum. I waited almost 6 months until Christmas for that one!!

Addie said...

Noxzema is my cheap thrill. I love washing my face and feeling like I'm just been smacked by a York Peppermint Patty.

Jen, you and Garrett should never go to Quik Trip together, since he's another Dr. Pepper junkie. Stephen and I would have to stage a whole intervention after finding you two smacked up on the high fructose corn syrup. I'm glad he's not the only one afflicted by this...what's in that stuff - crack? :-)

Addie