Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bloody Boogers on my keyboard....

Really. This is a new low.

Usually, after getting my daughter off to school, I come back to check my email, etc. This morning, I open the ol' laptop to find crusts sprinkled across the touchpad. Gives a whole new meaning to "touchpad", eh? And what's worse, I found myself mentally noting the quality of the clotting factor, making it easy to air whoosh my keyboard clean.

If you're still reading, let me explain, no really, I want to. Yesterday, my son had a tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and nasal reconstruction. Thus, the bloody boogers. We had a whole day at the hospital....me and the kids. My daughter was wonderful, even though this was not her idea of a field trip. We were gone the WHOLE day.

The dogs, pictured here on their ORVIS beds...did ok....June did go "shopping" in the pantry and decided to shred some napkins while she awaited our return. I think she was trying to make a tree topper of some sort.

Today dawns anew. Daughter went to school....bloody boogers is still asleep...and nasal lavage awaits me. Oh, BTW....I finished my semester at school, and am exempted from finals as I finished with a 98% in both classes. Rock on!

7 comments:

Stephen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen said...

A dash of this, a dash of that. Ah, the flavorful life. Consistency and routine can be blah and boring. It's nice to pitch a curveball every once in a while.

Out-freakin-standing about school. YOU ROCK!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Are you sure that Canoe didn't just set June up?

Glad school went well. Hope boogs cease soon.

Jen

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

Maria,
Congratulations on your success this semester!! ...Hope your son heals quickly (having all of that done sounds painful).

Zan said...

Awesome work this semester. Heres to quick healing for BB. Poor guy, I know that was rough!

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

Healing prayers to Victor! Kudos to Ava for great patience! Mommy prayers because Mommy's need them. BTW, June needed the napkins ... she had the sniffles. Her fambly was gone. Wish you were closer to home. I'd entertain and comfort any and all!! All my love, Doc Purdum

P.S. Congrats on grades!! I'm not surprised. (wink) I'm proud of you!!

Addie said...

Good grief...poor Victor! I hope he's feeling better soon and shedding less boogage as he heals.

Congrats on the grades!!

Addie

PS - Is nasal lavage what I think it is?