Monday, October 27, 2008

Running barefoot and bra-less in the dark.


By the sliver of the moon.

One minute, I'm in my car talking to my daughter about the moon sliver, waiting for the bus...the next, I'm running through the neighborhood like a banshee.

As I'm waving goodbye to Ava, the next thing I see is my hub. THE DOGS GOT OUT! Apparently, Canoe opened the door and let himself and June out! (It's been known that Mr. Canoe can turn a knob.)

Picture this...woman in shorts, with her SEGA shirt on, no less...barefoot, roaming the streets calling out "OOOOOOBIEEEEEE*.....JOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE. Luckily, there they were! We ran full speed to each other. The dogs were warm and doing silly jumps in the air....Whew.

I'm glad I have smaller boobs.

****as in "ooobie wan Canoobie" and "Jewy". Sad but true.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! Smart pup, maybe a little too smart for his own good. Glad everything turned out well. Guess you didn't need that morning cup of coffee.

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

This is a horrifying thing! Lots of us have done the panic search. Hopefully, the pet WANTS to be found. If they're on an adventure, they sometimes develop loss of hearing! I'm glad it all came out okay. I'm sure nobody noticed the crazy woman running around shouting weird noises, nor did they question her motives. (wink!)

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

LOL, I bet that was a sight and man it was cold this morning! brrrrrrrrr
Glad you got them back safe and sound!

Addie said...

Scary morning you had there, Maria! I'm glad your Ooobie and Jewy cooperated, and you didn't have to run too far barefoot and bra-less...it sounds too treacherous to do that for long!

I was thinking of posting asking people about the crazy things they call their dogs (besides their names, I mean), because I know everyone has silly pet names. Bruno is Mr. B, Beanie, and Bruiser, and Hoover is Mr. Who or Hoovy. Poor Cosmo had to put up with Doodlebug!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I like my boobs small too! :-) Glad you found them quickly.

Jen

christie said...

Wild morning! The one time Gemini got loose, he was free for less than 2 minutes, did the freedom run to the woods and back to the house before I had a chance to even grab the squawker. A neighbor just stood there, didn't know if it was my dog or a deer that was running. It took me an hour and lots of wine to calm down and catch my breath. I feel for you!

Heather said...

small boobed women will rule the world.

canoe had a go go gadget retractable opposable thumb. you need to check behind his dew claw.

Stephen said...

Glad you found them quickly!

Out of self-preservation, I will refrain from any boob-related comments, except I think I have to agree with GreytBlackDog's theory.


Stephen