Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The most wonderfullest Greyhound, ever.










Oobie wan Canoobie...Bacon Boy....Canockle Bacon....Can
oe-berry.....

Names of endearment for my red dog....(oh brother....she's hopeless). I am...and I'll give you one example of why.

I have been in single parent mode since Friday, my darlin' husband out in Florida on business, bringing home his own kind of bacon. My son, having major difficulty from a minor surgery...staying home from school on doctor's orders...the daughter, singing, chatting incessantly...as is her right...chopping up paper...coloring....hating every meal that I cook...you get the picture. Pretty normal for me and for her.

(My son just told me that he dreamt that Hitler was eating Britney Spears while riding on a squid...I guess his pain meds are working really well)

Anyway, I digress...after cleaning up from another meal, I slipped outside to my Adirondack chair...to breathe and collect my wits. The dogs followed me, of course, and Canoe sidled up to the chair to be pet. I pet his soft fur and rested my head on his neck...inhaling the warm smell of his doggie-ness....such a comfort. I then leaned back and shut my eyes...Canoe came around to the front of my chair, put his paws up on the chair, leaned in and put his head on my shoulder...nitted on me and gave me a quick lick. How did he know?

There ain't nothin' like Greyhound Love. (sing to "radar love")

1 comment:

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

LMAO at your son's dream, sounds alot like my kind of dreams!

Canoonoo sounds like such a sweatheart:-)