Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Guilty as charged?


A guilty pleasure...torn between principles and jammin' out...I am one of those 40 somethings who loves XM's 80's channel....so I can bee-bop down the road hauling my kids and greyhounds and pretend I'm still a teenager. Remembering those old loves, and hates and that angst...well, maybe being older is better.

I also have a great "memory lane" collection in my iTunes folder that I can whip out and whip it good....because I AM the woman I have always dreamed of.

But I have stopped short of PAYING for any of Michael Jackson's music...because of principles. He is, well, scary...and likes little boys and has a ranch called Neverland with rides and stuff...and monkeys. So while his music is brilliant, he is not. BUT NOW I AM "THRILLED" because I can have my cake and eat it too....with just a wee bend of being uncomfortable. XM now has the Thriller channel, channel 63. I was singing along this morning and doing the high pitched "whoooos" and "jam ons"...(which I have always thought sounded more like "jambon", french for ham).

But the question remains...can I in good conscience listen with my kids in the car? Can I separate the man in the mirror with the guy who dangles his kid, "Blanket" out an open window?

All I know for sure is.... Billie Jean is not my lover....either.

2 comments:

Heather said...

With the freaks kids listen to today, MJ might be a wacko, but he's pretty tame to Generation Y. So turn it up! Who's Bad?

Moonlight writer said...

I believe that anyone who does or thinks anything weird with kids should be banned in anyway possible. The music might be good, but the person behind it is not, so the automatic decision is to ban BOTH. Let the punishment fit the crime.