Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bitten by the past.....


Well, this is a hard one....

After all my A's this past year, I was not accepted into the Surg Tech program after all. Because of two grades I got back in my 20's...a C in English....a C in Statistics, which decimated my GPA to a 3.2, which was not good enough.

I am #5 on the "waiting list", and will still go to the mandatory orientation. Not easy....failure is not easy.

However, when the advisor called and told me, I heard, in my heart, plans await for me. I hate it when I think I know best.

I loved my daughter's comment when she heard. (hand on hip) "AWWW. NOW I HAVE TO TELL MY CLASS THAT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE A COMMUNITY HELPER!" Lol.

Thanks for all your encouragement along the way. Stay tuned...it ain't over yet.

4 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'm sorry to hear that :-(. I can't believe grades from your 20's would still be considered. Its a shame that someone can't redeem themselves after a certain amount of time. Regardless, I'm sure great things are coming your way!

Jen

Lee Purdum Lehman said...

As I watch another set of storm clouds coming toward our sunny front yard, I'm reminded that many, many things come and go. We gets lots of blips on our radar. Keep on keeping on. Don't let one thing mess up your focus on everthing! Most important is intention. You are rich in good intentions. How beautiful you are in so many ways. Onward, sweet soul!

Van said...

What the F? A 3.2 is not too shabby. Who are they recruiting for this program, rocket scientists? Sure, if I ever go under the knife I want the best and brightest in the room whilst I am asleep. However, I don't care what grade they got in English or statistics. I want to know how they did in Keeping a Human Alive 101. Hang in there.

Poolie said...

That just blows! I can tell you haven't given up though. You go girl!!!

Statistics is the class that totally jaded my viewpoint of the world. I was crushed once I learned that you can make those numbers say anything you want them to.